Welcome to the ultimate battle for life and death…
PUBG: Battlegrounds will expand the core Battle Royale experience enjoyed by millions of players into highly competitive player versus player (PvP) gameplay in a dynamic open world.
PUBG: Battlegrounds will place up to 64 players on a remote island for a winning showdown where strategic gameplay is as important as shooting skills. Players will enter a last man standing battle where they will try to locate weapons, vehicles and supplies in a graphically and tactically rich battlefield that will ultimately force players into a tight safe zone as they engage in a tense and spectacular fight to the death.
When the match starts, players have no items or weapons. To progress, they can try to commandeer a vehicle to discover a high-value location, search for weapons, or employ various other tactics in an effort to be the last man standing. All weapons can be upgraded with attachments such as sights and suppressors and on-road and off-road vehicles will be available to players.
Kill or be killed in a fight to be the last man standing.
When the v19.1 update goes live on August 10 for PC and August 18 for consoles, players will be able to find the new MP9 weapon, cruise the roads with blazing sirens in the Pillar Safety Car, and search for enemies using the Blue Tactical Equipment Chip Detector. Players will also have access to the brand new Folding Shield feature and once again have the option to travel to the Haven map, this time to battle familiar enemies from the popular Assassin’s Creed franchise.
Abstergo Industries invades Haven!
As part of the ongoing collaboration between PUBG: Battlegrounds and Assassin’s Creed, players will be able to experience a variety of themed resources and accessories on the Haven map, again available for the first time since Season 16. Abstergo Industries has taken over one of the main buildings on the map, with a Hidden Animus machine and strategically placed “Leap of Faith” ledges on the roof of the building. Additionally, the collaboration gives players the chance to earn themed cosmetic rewards through gameplay, including new costumes, bag skins, parachute skin, emote and more.
Below is a detailed breakdown of everything coming soon with the 19.1 update. For more information, please see the full patch notes. Survivors who want to preview the new content can do so today on the PC test server.
- MP9: Available on the Deston map, the MP9 is the first fully automatic SMG that uses the widely available and convenient 9mm ammo, providing an answer for players who like weapons like the P90 but want something more accessible with plenty of ammunition. Although it has slightly lower effective range, fire rate, and damage than the P90, it’s a great alternative for players who want more options similar to the P90’s playstyle.
- Bent Shield: Running into enemies without proper cover has been a pain point for BATTLEGROUNDS players for years, so a new item is coming in 19.1 to help mitigate these types of issues. Available for players to find on any map, the Folded Shield allows players to carry a portable form of cover that can easily be carried, set up, and hidden as you please, with a hefty 1500 hp for your enemies to smash before they can hit you.
- Blue Chip Detector: This new tactical gear uses players’ primary weapon slot and allows them to search for enemies within a 100m radius of their character. The 12 nearest enemies will be displayed as dots on the map, updating with each screen update, and playing sounds that only the user can hear when they detect enemy movement. The Blue Chip Detector can even detect height differences, letting players know if the tracked target can be found above or below them.
- New Vehicle – Pillar Security Car: With a top speed of 130 km/h (or approximately 81 mph) and controllable mounted lights and sirens, this new vehicle allows players to recreate fast-paced chase scenes from the movies while playing on the Deston map. Additionally, high-quality gear can be found in the trunk of the vehicle, so if you see a Pillar Security Car nearby, be sure to hop aboard for a bonus.
In addition to the above, Update 19.1 also brings players adjustments to item spawn rates on Sanhok, bug fixes when bots move from water to land, training improvements base and AI as well as the new Ranked Season 19 and Survivor Pass.
- Custom games: Implemented after Early Access, this feature will allow certain groups of players to create and host their own games with special server configurations, such as number of players, ability to attend the game, play or set the game to private with a password, etc. . Additional information on custom games will be announced after the launch of Early Access.
- Realistic shooting game: Players use real-world weapons found via supply drops to create an authentic and visceral experience.
- Massive 8km x 8km world: Players start as weak survivors and grow into powerful soldiers on a massive, deserted island located in Eastern Europe.
- Built with Unreal Engine 4: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds uses the latest development tools to deliver realistic visuals, animations and gameplay.
- Deep Loot System: Players will discover a wide variety of weapons, armor, accessories, and more as they explore – and battle – across the world.
- Player-focused metagame tools: Leaderboards and stats along with replays and spectator mode tools are coming after the launch of Early Access.
- Location charges: Launching in twelve languages (English, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Arabic) with translations coming directly from the community.
PUBG: Battlegrounds is currently available on PS4, Xbox One and PC (Steam).
More articles on PUBG: Battlegrounds